Be very careful "where" you go for spiritual advice...just because an individual has sold millions of books does not mean he is careful with scriptural analysis. I received an advanced copy of John Bevere's Relentless and was hopeful that it would contain information that would be beneficial to the Kingdom of God. I was disappointed. What I found was the same ole John Bevere I had encountered previously. Rash, prideful, and twisting scripture. If you're a John Bevere fan, I urge you to proceed with caution. Be a Berean--search the Scriptures to see if what John is saying is true... While it might break decorum to promote another book as an introduction to a book review, if you're serious about Bible study...you might want to check out How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart. Happy Wednesday and as always, comments welcome. -Steve Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up [Hardcover] by John Bevere $19.99 ...
Books about spirituality intrigue me. As a Christian, I will admit that I have a very strong faith and I am resolute in my beliefs. A long time ago, I endorsed the ideology that purports: if you want to know the other camp--you should read what they do. Be careful "where" you look for spiritual advice. Opening such doors could cause you quite a bit of aggravation...after all, you never know what you might find. Happy Friday, -Steve Comments welcome. Spirit Junkie, A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles By Gabrielle Bernstein 288 pages, $23.00 ISBN-13: 978-0307887405 Non-fiction Review by Steven King, MBA, MEd Spirit Junkie, A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles is destined to be a best seller since so many impressionable people are clamoring for spiritual direction in their lives. If anything will do, then quite possibly such people are willing to fill the void in their lives with anything that comes along. Its author, Gabrielle Bernstein, believes s...
Have you ever stopped to ponder who the world's smartest person is? Admittedly, the question does not receive the same accolades as who might be the strongest person. Joshua Foer has written an interesting book about what he discovered when he tried answering the same question. My review is enclosed. Comments welcome. Happy Friday! -Steve Available at Amazon.com Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything By Joshua Foer 320 pages, $26.95 ISBN-13: 978-1594202292 Non-fiction Review by Steven King, MBA, MEd Have you ever wondered who the world’s smartest person is? In a world that celebrates the antics of the world’s strongest people very little time is given to those who excel in mental pursuits. Such antipathy for mental prowess put Joshua Foer on a quest to find out who might fit the bill of world’s smartest person. When he began his quest, he did not discover who the smartest person was in the world…rather he ...
Comments
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Feel free to leave your comment here.