Selfishness

I used to tell everyone that there were only two people I could not stand: a liar and a thief. I have decided to append to that list - I cannot stand selfish people.

Most recently this has arisen in a discussion I had with someone about mailing a few items. A relative had left the items at her place and since they were not very expensive - her answer to the owner was to replace them. That strikes a discordant note within me. I am just not "wired" that way.

In my mind, there is nothing more important than family. So, if my son were visiting and left his hat - I would feel obliged to mail it to him as soon as I could. Apparently there are many who do not feel such obligation. Isn't it ironic that those who feel the least sense of obligation feel the greatest sense of entitlement? I think not.

Laziness and selfishness are two sides of the same coin. Please do more for others than you do for yourself.

'Nuff said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: "Get Out of That Pit" by Beth Moore

Review of Spiritual Junkie

Review of " TURNAROUND: A Six-Month Plan for Change"