Goal to lose 30lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, September 7, 2012

I love Charles Swindoll's Devotions...What was the only thing Christ called "easy?"

September 7, 2012

Considering Quitting?
by Charles R. Swindoll

Come to Me, all who are weary 
and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest . . . 
for My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28, 30

Every achievement worth remembering is stained with the blood of diligence and scarred by the wounds of disappointment. 

To quit, to run, to escape, to hide---none of these options solve anything. They only postpone the acceptance of, and reckoning with, reality.

Churchill put it well: "Wars are not won by evacuations." . . .

Giving thought to giving up?

Considering the possibility of quitting? . . .

Don't! . . . The only time the Lord ever used the word "easy" was when He referred to a yoke.

2 comments:


  1. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.










    Beach Villas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.
    Trebinje stan

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publishing. Feel free to leave your comment here.